Khan Academy: videos not playing on Google Chrome
This is usually a hardware/driver issue. Here are two ways to solve this:
- Make sure you have the correct and latest video driver for your computer.
-- OR --
- Follow these steps (they are used to disable hard-accelerated video decoding):
- In Google Chrome, type chrome://flags in the address bar.
- Find the Disable hardware-accelerated video decode flag.
- Click on Enable.
- Click "Relaunch Now" to restart Chrome.
See the following screenshot (click to enlarge).
Seterra: error message when launching
Seterra requires a component called .NET to run properly. If you do not have .NET, you might get the following message: “The application failed to initialize properly(0×0000135)”. To install .NET, open C:\Sherig 2.0\Patches
(or D:\Sherig 2.0\Patches) and double-click dotnetfx35 SP1.exe
Audacity: error message when launching
If you get error message “Application configuration incorrect”, install the “Microsoft Redistributable” package. To install, open C:\Sherig 2.0\Patches (or D:\Sherig 2.0\Patches) and double-click vcredist_x86.exe (for Windows 32-bit) or vcredist_x64.exe (for Windows 64-bit).
This DDC software does not work property on some computers running Windows XP. You might get the error "Run-time Error '339':Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid", or a similar error.
Dzongkha resources: Dzongkha fonts look strange (Windows XP)
If you see Dzongkha, but letters are stacked incorrectly (see example on the right side), the solution is to update Uniscribe.
- In C: or D:, open folder Sherig 2.0\Dzongkha\Fonts and Keyboard\Update Uniscribe (for Windows XP)
- Double-click file InstallUsp10Only.exe
- For systems with Microsoft Word 2003 just click “update”.
- Otherwise, click "Browse" and select file usp10.dll from the folder Update Uniscribe (for Windows XP). Then click “update”.
- Ignore warning messages and do not insert your Windows XP CD.
- Restart the computer